Welcome to Christmas Week, a multi-blogger event co-hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Jen of Juanita’s Cocina. Each day we will be celebrating a new holiday baking theme where each blogger makes a dish they love. We hope you enjoy this fabulous event. Tune in each day starting Monday December 3nd and ending Friday December 7th. Today’s theme for Christmas Week is “Cookies and Bars”. Make sure you visit all the participating bloggers today to see what special dish they whipped up for you.
1 box yellow cake mix ( I used Pillsbury Funfetti Cake Mix)
1/3 cup canola oil
crushed almonds as needed (about 2-3oz)
Plum jam as needed ( or any jam you prefer... strawberry, raspberry, grape, etc...)
Mix eggs, oil and cake mix until it forms a cookie batter. Form into round balls and roll in crushed almonds. Place on a greased cookie sheet and press thumb into each center to make a well. Fill well with desired jam and bake in a 350 degree oven for 13-15 minutes (or until edges of cookies begin to brown). Allow to cool on baking sheet. Store in airtight container. Enjoy.
Note: I made two sizes with these cookies. The larger cookies were about the size of a walnut ball and the small cookies the size of a large marble. I recommend the smaller version because they are more festive and cute.
- Mice Cookies from Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic
- Biscoff Blossoms from Jen of Juanita’s Cocina
- Double Chocolate Thumbprints from Liz of That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cookie Sticks from Anurahda of Baker Street
- Snickerdoodles Snowballs from Kristen of Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
- Cranberry Pistachio Christmas Biscotti from Isabelle of Crumb
- Mint Chocolate Pudding Cookies from Erin of Dinners, Dishes and Desserts
- Hot Cocoa Blossoms from Erin of Spiffy Cookie
Jam Thumbprints from Ramona of Curry and Comfort
Fudgy Cathedral Cookies from Heather of Girlichef
Cherry White Chocolate Chunk Cookies from Cathy of A Dutch Baker’s Daughter
Cranberry Sauce Brownies from Chung-Ah of Damn Delicious
Copyright: All recipes, content, and images (unless otherwise stated) are the sole property of Curry and Comfort. Please do not use without prior written consent. Unauthorized reproduction is strictly prohibited.